Domino on Linux/Unix, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, Tips and more ...


Daniel Nashed


Notes/Domino 9.0.1 FP8 IF1 released

Daniel Nashed  11 April 2017 05:06:32
Notes and Domino 9.0.1 FP8 IF1 has been shipped and there is also a separate fix for iNotes.

All those IFs have the same version number but contain different SPRs!

The most important IF is for the Domino Server. It fixes the disclaimer issue I reported before.
And also the performance fix for the new feature NIFNSF which was introduced in in FP8.

Be aware that NIFNSF is a server feature and not a client feature. It requires translog enabled on your server!
Translog is not officially available on Notes clients.


Add new JNI wrappers to jNotes        

the tag includes some illegal characters, will be output not commentted as before.        

After upgrade to FP8, with disclaimers enabled, .pdf attachments have content-transfer-encoding of binary        

Perf issue w/ nifnsf enabled.        

Form Validation not working on an XPage        


SSJS editor stops working in an NSF with a managed bean        

Form Validation not working on an XPage        

        SSJS editor stops working in an NSF with a managed bean        

XPages iNotes calendar control icons do not display the correct hover help text


iNotes "Starts With" window does not show when pressing any letter or number key


1Michael Bourak  11.04.2017 7:45:49  Notes/Domino 9.0.1 FP8 IF1 released

Do you know what jNotes is ?

2Uwe Brahm  11.04.2017 9:06:20  Notes/Domino 9.0.1 FP8 IF1 released

Hmm. I'm trying to download the fixes. Fix Central seems not to know about them - right now.

See the download page:

{ Link }

3Daniel Nashed  11.04.2017 10:38:33  Notes/Domino 9.0.1 FP8 IF1 released

I did not find the fixes either when searching for fixes for FP8.

I changed it to FP7 and found IF1.

Already downloaded and installed on customer site today on Linux

-- Daniel

4Daniele  11.04.2017 15:49:30  Notes/Domino 9.0.1 FP8 IF1 released

I have downloaded the HOT FIX...

Now NIF work with fast performance!

5Lars Berntrop-Bos  12.04.2017 8:03:43  Notes/Domino 9.0.1 FP8 IF1 released

While translog is not supported on the client, it does work. NIFNSF also works (I tested it).

But: the performance fix in FP8 IF1 is only on the Domino side. So for now I will wait for FP9 to try it again.

It was great fun though to see all those ndx files created.(used the NIFBasePath to set a path for the ndx files)

In a VM where I could put the ndx files on a separate drive it wasn't even that much slower.

Caveats: Used your recommendation for a modest translog ({ Link }

Removing the NIFNSF feature can take some work: I had to do 'compact -R -*' (case matters!) twice(!) to revert to ODS 48 to lose the NIFNSF enable bit, then comment out the NIFNSF INI variables to lose the NIFNSF feature. Note that the ndx files are not removed, so you need to delte those manually.

Then I had to delete my as_<mymailfilename> file (autosave database file) and my local managed replica of my mail file, cause in those databases the NIFNSF bit stuck.

then a 'compact -ODS -*' to get back to the proper ODS.

Note: the -* is a godsend that instructs compact to also process ntf and .box file. Having the same and latest ODS on ALL files used by Notes and Domino is a small but important factor in getting the best possible performance from your Notes Ccient or Domino server.

6Rob Kirkland  12.04.2017 13:49:28  Notes/Domino 9.0.1 FP8 IF1 released

I applied FP8 for a customer, who immediately experienced the disclaimer issue. Then I applied the workaround mentioned in the FP8 release notes. When IF1 was released, I applied it, then reversed the workaround, only to have the disclaimer issue reappear. I've opened a PMR to address this.

7Rob Kirkland  12.04.2017 18:31:47  Notes/Domino 9.0.1 FP8 IF1 released

I spoke with IBM Support about the disclaimer fix. It turns out that IF1 didn't "fix" the issue so much as it sets the MIMEDisclosuresNoRecode value to 0. That was the workaround before IF1 was released. So when I installed IF1, then reset MIMEDisclosuresNoRecode to 1, I actually overrode the fix!



    • [HCL Domino]
    • [Domino on Linux]
    • [Nash!Com]
    • [Daniel Nashed]